Truck accidents are terrifying and often catastrophic. Most “big rigs” weigh more than 30,000 pounds and can cause severe damage to the average passenger car, leaving victims with terrible injuries, hefty medical bills, and distress.
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, you don’t have to suffer in silence. A truck accident lawyer from Hobbs Law Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our team has experience with a wide variety of truck accidents stemming from many different causes.
Common causes of truck accidents
Sadly, many truck accidents are caused by human errors, including:
- Driver fatigue – Truck drivers are under a lot of pressure from their employers to get the job done quickly. This pressure often causes drivers to push through with little or even no sleep. Fatigue can lead to reduced coordination, loss of concentration, and slower reaction times.
- Distracted driving – Any kind of distraction, from texting and calling to eating a snack or messing with the radio, can lead to severe consequences for any driver, but especially truck drivers.
- Poor truck maintenance – There are laws that require trucking companies to perform thorough inspections before a truck can hit the road, but these inspections don’t always happen. And, if they do, they might not be as thorough as necessary. A poorly maintained truck is at a greater risk of an accident than a properly maintained one.
- Bad driver training – Many truck drivers were hired without receiving proper training. Safely driving a truck takes a lot of practice and skill, both of which necessitate complete training.
- Impaired driving – Driving a truck can be boring, so many drivers turn to drugs and alcohol for stimulation during the long hours on the road. Drugs and alcohol lead to bad judgment, slower reaction times, and often riskier driving.
Common truck accident injuries
What happens to victims when one of these common causes leads to a truck accident? Nothing good.
Most truck accident injuries are quite severe. The most common truck accident injuries are:
- Back and neck injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal injuries
Sadly, many truck accidents also lead to fatalities.
What do you do after a truck accident?
The first thing you should do after being involved in a truck accident is to seek medical attention. Your health and safety are the highest priority.
After taking care of your health, be sure to call a truck accident attorney. A successful truck accident lawsuit can give you the compensation you need and deserve for medical expenses, reduced earning capacity, lost income, pain and suffering, and many other accident-related losses.
Hobbs Law Group has an experienced team of Los Angeles truck accident lawyers ready to help you with your case. We have the tenacity and knowledge to win the maximum possible compensation on your behalf. Call us today to schedule a free case review consultation.